Government policies in Nepal require a special permit in some trekking areas especially in the open borders or have connections with another country. So, Manaslu Circuit Trek also needs a special permit before entering this area. The hidden gem of nature also shares the border with Tibet. Some other trek routes like Tsum Valley, Upper Mustang, and Kanchenjunga Trek also share the border with Tibet. If you are planning to explore Manaslu Circuit, then you should be prepared to get a special trekking permit. In this blog, we are giving you some ideas on the process to acquire the permit for Manaslu Circuit.
Table of Content
Manaslu Circuit Trek Permit Cost
If you are designing to trek Manaslu Circuit, then your need to have three separate permits requires per person. Below we will provide the costs of those separate permits for you.
Restricted Area Permit Cost
Restricted Area Permit has two different costs in a different season.
- From September to November: 100 USD for 7 days ($15 for every additional day)
- From December to August: 75 USD for 7 days ($10 for every additional day)
This permit can only be acquired from the Department of Immigration by a government-licensed trekking agency. You will also need to provide your passport to a travel agency to issue the restricted area permit.
Conservation Area Entry Fee
The conservation area permit is to help preserve the ecosystem of the area and help improve the lives of the local population. During this trek, you need to have Manaslu Conservation Area and Annapurna Conservation Area entry pass to enter.
Do I need a TIMS card for Manaslu Circuit Trek?
Trekking Information Management System (TIMS) card is not necessary only if you doing Upper Manaslu Circuit Trek. As long as you acquire a restricted area permit, you don’t need TIMS in any restricted area. But, if you have any connecting trek to the non-restricted areas then you will need TIMS.
Where can I get the Manaslu Circuit Trek Permit?
You can get this permit yourself from the Nepal Tourism Board in Kathmandu. If you are going through a travel agency then your guide can get it for you. But for a restricted area permit, you need to visit the Department of Immigration which is located at Kalikasthan. To get the permit you need a passport and two passport size photographs.
What documents are required to issue the special permit for Manaslu Circuit Trek?
Authorized agencies can employ for trekking permits along with the following documents
- Online application form
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of valid Visa sufficient to cover trekking days
- Name lists of trekkers
- Verified Itinerary of trekking
- Guarantee letter of Agency
- Agreement with Agency
- Tax clearance Certificate of Trekking Agency
- Documents relating to the insurance of the trekkers (foreign nationals) and Nepalese staff accompanying the trekkers.
- The license was issued by The Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Civil Aviation (MOTCA) to operate a trekking business.
- A license issued by Nepal Rastra Bank (NRB) supporting exchanging of foreign currencies.
- The program schedule of trekking.
- Registration Certificate of Permanent Account Number
- Voucher of Bank payment (fees) for permits